Friday, October 5, 2018

October- Breast cancer awareness month


 
Hi everybody!
October is breast cancer awareness month. Regular check ups, and early detection saves lives! I had a breast cancer scare myself. They found a lump in my right breast, (How terrifying that was!) I had to get a biopsy done, thank god it turned out that I didn't have breast cancer, and that I have fibrocystic and dense breast (Which is common).

After I was told I had dense breast, I did some research on the subject. I found that women with dense breast are more likely to get breast cancer. Also, I found out that it's best to not only rely on a mammogram test because it's hard to detect all cancers. Especially in dense breasts. In addition to the mammogram test, I also got an ultrasound done as well. Ladies who have dense breast, request that your doctor give you both a mammogram and an ultrasound test. 
It is imperative! 
Here is a link from breastcancer.org regarding dense breast.
https://www.breastcancer.org/risk/factors/dense_breasts

  ☮&❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment